Emerging technologies are changing the way the aerospace industry works. By utilizing new technologies, the aerospace industry can increase efficiency and profitability. How to apply this technology is a serious consideration for businesses. Aerospace business decisions that are tied to efficiency and innovative technology can help improve a company's time and cost investments, as well as its profitability.
A Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a Concentration in Aerospace Logistics online from Southeastern Oklahoma State University strengthens students' fundamental skills in accounting, finance, behavioral management, economics, data analysis and research. Students will gain indispensable experience in program management, aerospace logistics and practical implementation of systems acquisitions strategy with a focus on business in the aviation industry, setting themselves apart in a competitive job market.
Innovations in the Aerospace Industry
As the aerospace industry tries to balance an increase in aviation services demand with the field's environmental risks and costs, the call for more efficient processes is only growing. From the use of artificial intelligence to more electric aircraft, the following five innovations offer advantages in acquiring, storing and transporting resources along the supply chain in the aerospace industry:
- More electric aircraft (MEA). The electric aviation movement is gaining momentum as the industry seeks to reduce harmful emissions. Some benefits of electric propulsion are reduced fuel costs, quieter operations and increased reliability. Many startup companies are researching and developing electric aircraft, retrofitting hybrid-electric aircraft, vertical takeoff and landing options, and electric long-range commercial planes. This technology would make the aerospace industry more environmentally friendly and cost-effective.
- Autonomous flight systems. Autonomy is about innovation and the ability to merge technological innovations to accomplish more while protecting human life. The expansion of increased autonomy (IA) in civil aviation can increase safety and reliability. In addition, IA systems can lower costs by warranting more efficient operations and improving air traffic management or unmanned aircraft systems (UAS).
- Artificial intelligence. Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) can increase the aerospace industry's workload, speed, efficiency and safety by enabling technology such as data ecosystems and autonomous vision-based navigation. AI has extensive impacts on piloting and navigation as well as predictive maintenance and air traffic control. Optimizing maintenance and air traffic control will make airline operations environmentally friendly and more efficient.
- Sensory technology. Sensors can make aviation more efficient. Sensors control feedback and ease of control systems for aircraft. They also monitor and measure navigation, communication and tactical and display systems. Aircraft computer systems receive data from sensors that monitor engine temperature, fuel levels, vibration, flight angle, radar, warning systems, air temperature and more. The hundreds of sensors installed in an aircraft send information to flight computers so pilots can handle the aircraft more efficiently.
- Robots play an important role in the aerospace industry due to the precision necessary for constructing aircraft engines and drilling airframes. According to a report from Million Insights, the global aerospace robotics market is expected to increase dramatically through 2025. Robots are used for welding, drilling, material handling, painting, fastening, inspecting and materials separating. In addition, aerospace robotics ensure minimum production delays in supply chain operations.
If you're interested in these exciting innovations, a career in aerospace logistics may be right for you. Southeastern Oklahoma State University offers real-world applications that transfer to the aviation industry. The MBA with a concentration in Aerospace Logistics online program will equip you with the fundamental skills to provide a clear path to your professional aerospace logistics career goals.Learn more about Southeastern Oklahoma State University's online MBA with a Concentration in Aerospace Logistics program.
Have a question or concern about this article? Please contact us.