Dr. Han-Sheng Chen
Assistant Professor of Finance
"I truly believe in the power of education, and really see myself being part of it."
- Ph.D. in Finance — University of Texas at Arlington, 2013
- MBA — Tamkang University, Taiwan, 2002
- B.B.A. — National Taipei University, Taiwan, 2000
- Co-authored a book chapter titled "Building and Monitoring Mutual Fund Portfolios"
- Co-authored a paper titled "Creating Optimal Mutual Fund Portfolios Using Excel Solver"
- Made presentations at various national and international conferences
- Has worked in the Congress in Taiwan
Why did you start teaching?
I have always enjoyed the time in school. Many professors and teachers I have come across throughout my life so far influence me in many ways, not only academically but also philosophically. Thus, I truly believe in the power of education, and really see myself being part of it.
What's the best advice that you have ever received?
Do not look at where you are today, but where you will be 10 years from now.
What's the best advice that you could give your students?
University is a sanctuary for people to learn without major consequences. Make all the mistakes you can/want while in college and never make the same mistakes once graduated.