Request More Information

or call 844-515-9100

Student Resources

Everything you need to help you succeed is at your fingertips. Take advantage of our library's distance education services with remote access to vast electronic resources and technology support.

Request Information

General FAQs

If I am member for the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma is there Higher Education assistance?

Yes, click here for more information.

What if I am a SOSU alumni? Do I still need to request my transcripts?

  • If you graduated from SE and never took a course after graduation from another institution, we do not need a transcript (even if you were an undergraduate transfer into SE). If we are the last school you attended, we need nothing else.
  • If you graduated from SE and then took more classes somewhere else (graduate or undergraduate) we do need a transcript from that institution(s).

How do I access my SOSU Campus Connect?

  • Students make payment and register for courses through Campus Connect. Campus Connect can be accessed at After clicking the link, you will see a "Campus Connect" button on the right side of the page.
  • Click the "Campus Connect" button, to proceed to your login page for the SOSU Student Portal.
  • Use your Student ID and Password, that you received via email after you were admitted to SOSU.
  • Once logged in, you can both register and pay for your classes.

How do I register for my SOSU course?

  • Login to Campus Connect
  • Under the Registration tab, select add/drop courses
  • Select enrollment term as well as course department
  • Select correct graduate course and click add on the right side of the page

How do I make a SOSU tuition payment?

  • Login to Campus Connect
  • Under the Student Information tab, select View/Pay Account
  • Click current term to see your bill
  • The Pay by Credit Card link is at the bottom of the page as well as the Business Office contact information.

Why do I need to take leveling courses for my MBA?

The leveling courses are required for students that do not possess an undergraduate business degree or either didn’t complete the course in their business degree or scored a “C” or better in the course. The prerequisites/leveling requirement can be fulfilled using the JMSB MBA Prep Program via the following link.

How much are the leveling courses?

Each course cost $300.00 and you may pay for/take one course at a time or all the courses at once. The courses are not for-credit; thus, they will not be reported on your transcript or qualify for Financial Aid. There are no time constrains from the time you purchase the course in order to complete it except for meeting the requirement prior to enrolling in the MBA course for which the prerequisite is required. Students must obtain an 80% or better on each leveling course. Within each leveling course, you may only take the test three (3) times before you will have to pay for the course again.

There are no refunds on the purchase of leveling courses, once a student accesses the course.

Am I able to transfer courses into the MBA program?

The JMSB MBA Program allows up to nine (9) hours of transfer courses. To be considered, the courses must be from an accredited Business Master’s Program, completed within the allowable six (6) years’ time frame for completion of your MBA at SE and with a grade of B or better. To request consideration for transfer courses, the student must provide a copy of the course syllabus/syllabi. Once received, the syllabus/syllabi will be sent to the MBA faculty to review. The MBA faculty’s decision on whether the course will transfer (substitute) will be final. The course syllabus/syllabi must be forwarded to with a written request stating which JMSB MBA course the student is seeking the transfer.

What are the next steps once accepted into the MBA program??

Once accepted into the MBA Program, the student will need to complete a MBA Degree Plan. The Plan – along with a completed example –is included at the end of this document - and will be included in the student’s initial acceptance email. The student will need to select his/her emphasis, review the core and emphasis course term/semester offerings and complete the degree plan with his/her best estimate on how he/she plans to complete the courses required for the degree. Once completed , the student will need to sign and return it to for processing.

Why is AACSB important?

The JMSB is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). AACSB Accreditation is the hallmark of excellence in business education and is earned by less than five percent of business programs world-wide. To obtain and maintain AACSB Accreditation, schools must meet a stringent set of standards of excellence and commit to an ongoing continuous improvement to ensure the school delivers the highest quality of education to students.

Why is GSP important?

The Graduate Safety Practitioner (GSP) designation is offered by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP). It makes the Southeastern Oklahoma State Occupational Safety Department a Qualified Academic program (QAP) which entitles graduates to bypass the first part of the Certified Safety Professional exam (also known as the Associate Safety professional (ASP) and move directly to the CSP exam. It also entitles graduates to add the initials GSP after their name upon graduation.


Academic Support

Need help with your studies?

  • Check out our portal for tutoring support.
  • If you are an incoming freshman or transfer student who did not pass the placement exam(s) or just have general questions about your academic plan, please give us a call at 580-745-2990.

Technology Support

We're here to help. To access technological support for Blackboard click here.

ADA Compliance

How does a student receive special accommodations?

  • Each student should identify him/herself to the Coordinator of Disability Services (GDJ Student Union, Suite 328 or call 580-745-2392).
  • A Special needs intake will document the disability and appropriate accommodations.
  • A letter explaining which accommodations are necessary, and who to contact if further explanation or instruction is needed, will be sent to each instructor.
  • The student has the responsibility to notify the Coordinator of Disability Services if the accommodations are not provided or are inadequate.

What are appropriate accommodations?

Accommodations can include, but are not limited to:

  • tape recording lectures
  • note taking services
  • sign language interpreters
  • additional time for tests
  • adaptive equipment (computers, seating, enlargements of materials)
  • readers/scribes
  • classroom re–assignment
  • service animals
  • residence hall accommodations
  • recorded syllabi, handouts, etc.
  • special materials, such as color overlays
  • recorded or braille texts

What if I feel the accommodation is unnecessary?

The Coordinator of Disability Services will be happy to discuss all accommodations and discuss other options to provide an equal opportunity.

How does ADA address confidentiality?

Any information regarding a person's disability is considered confidential and should not be discussed in class or with anyone who does not have a "need to know."

What should I do if I know of a student who needs accommodations?

Tell the student how to request services.

What should a student do if he/she has a complaint about the services for those with disabilities?

A grievance procedure is on file in the following offices:

  • Office for Student Affairs, A205
  • Human Resources Office, A309
  • SE Coordinator of Disability Services, GDJ Student Union, Suite 328

Why should I become involved?

There are many people with disabilities who want a chance to be full participants in life. The faculty and staff of Southeastern have a major role in students' lives and it is very important that we meet the needs of all our students. Most of us have had limited contact with people with disabilities and we are sometimes unsure of how to respond, but by becoming involved and informed, our students will have a greater chance to reach their full potential.

How should I be involved?

Please remember that it is not helpful to the students of the University for you to accommodate a student outside of the process. SE has exemplary policies, as cited by the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). OCR has used our policies as models for other Universities to follow. Acting outside of the Policies can create situations where unnecessary accommodations become necessary. The best way to assist your students with accommodations is to follow our written policies.

Henry G. Bennett Memorial Library

Our Distance Education Library Services gives students remote access to a number of useful electronic resources, including databases, e-books, print materials and online book catalogs.

Use the EBSCO Discovery Service to search for books, articles, media and journals quickly on several search engines at once. Access tutorials to get the most out of your online library experience.

Student Support

Online Orientation


From questions about class navigation and discussion boards, to details about books and curriculum, our online orientation will teach you all you need to feel prepared. Complete this informative mini-course before starting your graduate degree program classes. Watch this quick video to learn more! Details on undergraduate programs are coming soon!



CampusConnect is a helpful online portal to a variety of resources you’ll need as a SOSU online student. Register for all of your classes with just a few easy clicks. Pay tuition, purchase books, view your grades, and much more. Getting started is simple. Watch this quick video to learn more!