Dr. Robert Stevens
John Massey Professor of Business
"My goal is to help students learn and be successful in life and in business."
- Ph.D. — University of Arkansas, 1971
- MBA — University of Arkansas, 1967
- BS — Arkansas State University, 1965
- Author or co-author of 34 books and over 250 articles and cases. Latest books include The Essentials of Marketing Research, 4th Edition and Strategic Planning and Marketing for Healthcare Organizations.
- Immediate past President of Southwest Case Research Association.
Which classes do you teach online?
Business Research Methods and Strategic Management
Why did you start teaching?
My goal is to help students learn and be successful in life and in business.
What's the best advice that you have ever received?
Work hard and be diligent in pursuing your goals.
What's the best advice that you could give your students?
Set goals for yourself and then develop a plan to get those goals accomplished and then work your plan.
What qualities make someone particularly successful in business?
Learning to solve problems, think critically and creatively, work with others, and being able to communicate.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
The Bible, it is full of wisdom and Proverbs is especially useful in business.
What do you think is the biggest challenge that people in the profession face today?
Developing strategic plans and adjusting to rapidly changing technology and responding to competition.
Tell us something that your students might find interesting, something they may not know about you.
I am the father of 7 children and have 9 grandchildren. I love to duck hunt and fish at Lake Texoma. I have a dog I adopted named Duke who I wanted to use to duck hunt but he is afraid of guns and doesn't like to swim but he is a great pet.