Dr. Kathy Boothe
Assistant Professor and Program Coordinator
"The qualities that someone successful in education are: being accepting of ALL children, flexibility, respect, and passion for teaching"
- PhD in Special Education – University of North Texas, 2010
- MEd in Special Education with Emphasis in Emotional/Behavioral Disorders – University of North Texas, 2004
- BS in Rehabilitation Studies – University of North Texas, 2000
- Georgia Council for Exceptional Children (President/President-Elect) from 2013-2014
- Council for Exceptional Children Small Special Education Programs Caucus Board Member from 2011-2014
- Provided behavior professional development opportunities in local schools in Georgia and Oklahoma
In which online degree program(s) do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
I will be teaching the majority of the Special Education M.Ed. courses. At times I also teach Introduction to Exceptionalities and the general education Classroom Management course.
What do you want your students to take away from your classes? What do you want them to learn?
A passion for teaching and learning.
What's the best advice that you could give your students?
Never stop learning!
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
There are so many to choose from!!!!
What qualities make someone particularly successful in education?
- Accepting of ALL children
- Passion for teaching
What do you think is the biggest challenge that educators face today?
Not having enough time to meet the needs of all their students and to cover all the curriculum that needs covered.
Tell us something that your students might find interesting, something they may not know about you.
I live in Texas with my husband, cat (Zoey), and dog (Zeus).
I like to sing, even though I do not do so often.
Links to share?