Dr. Mark Spencer
"One of the biggest challenges teachers face today is overcoming the ever-shortening attention span of media-saturated young people. Reading more books is the best remedy."
- PhD in Comparative Literature – University of Arkansas, 2001
- PhD in Medieval History – University of Kentucky, 1995
- MA – University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1998
- MA in English – Ohio State University, 1988
- MA in History – University of North Texas, 1984
- BA in History – University of North Texas, 1981
One published book entitled Thomas Basin (1412-1490): The History of Charles VII and Louis XI, and nine articles on the history of historical writing and modern historical novels set during the Middle Ages and Renaissance.
See my profile video:
In which online degree program(s) do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
History of the Novel
What do you want your students to take away from your classes? What do you want them to learn?
General introduction to the history of the novel from Antiquity to Postmodernism.
What's the best advice that you could give your students?
Read more books.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
No one particular book, but read as many and as widely as you can.
What do you think is the biggest challenge that educators face today?
Overcoming the ever-shortening attention span of media-saturated young people. Reading more books is the best remedy.