Rob Leird, MBA
Assistant Professor of Management
"As managers, we're only as good as the people we hire and help develop."
Mr. Leird is an assistant professor of management at Southeastern Oklahoma State University. He has over 34 years of corporate experience and brings real-world education to his teaching.
- MBA — Our Lady of the Lake University
- B.S. in Secondary Education — Our Lady of the Lake University
- B.S. in Biology — Oklahoma State University
2011-Present: Assistant Professor of Management, John Massey School of Business, Southeastern Oklahoma State University, Ardmore, Oklahoma
2010-Present: Partner of LLC, land and farm management, Pottsboro, Texas
2010-2011: Professor of Management and Marketing, Collin College, Frisco, Texas
1976-2009: Allergan, Inc.: (retired) a global Fortune 500 pharmaceutical and biotechnology company. Irvine, California:
- Vice President of Botox, Global Competitive Planning
- Vice President of U.S. Botox Sales
- Vice President of U.S. Dermatology Sales
- Regional Vice President of Eye-care Sales
- Senior Director of Managed Markets
- Director of Allergan Optical
- District Manager
- Senior Territory Manager
Which classes do you teach online?
Management and Organizational Behavior, Supervisory Management, Organizational Leadership, Hospitality Management
Why did you start teaching?
I had a lifelong dream to teach at the college level. After spending almost 34 years at Allergan, in a variety of management and marketing positions, I felt I had the experience necessary to bring "real world" examples to the classroom.
What's the best advice that you have ever received?
As managers, we're only as good as the people we hire and help develop.
What's the best advice that you could give your students?
Professional development doesn't end with a degree but is a lifelong process.