Southeastern Oklahoma State University's online M.Ed. programs have specific requirements that applicants must meet to enroll. Please read the admission guidelines to ensure you qualify. If you have any special circumstances that need further clarification, please contact us at 844-515-9100.
To meet the admission requirements for the M.Ed. in Special Education – Administration online program, applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university with a minimum 2.75 overall GPA or minimum 3.0 GPA in the last 60 hours of courses, or
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university with a minimum 2.0 overall GPA AND a packet consisting of a current resume, one professional letter of recommendation, and letter of application which outlines the applicant's career goals and objectives (including how an M.Ed. in Special Education will enhance their career) that must be reviewed and approved by program faculty, or
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university and at least 6 hours in a graduate program from a regionally accredited university with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA and must be in good standing at previous university
- No GRE is required for Southeastern Oklahoma State University online M.Ed. programs
International Application and Admissions Requirements:
Please note that students with an F-1 visa are ineligible for online programs. Scan and email #2, #4 and #5 (below) to International Student Services at email@example.com
- Complete Profile (this will also serve as the application).
- Academic Records:
- Original, final post-secondary transcript(s) and diploma(s) from each college or university attended. If your transcript is not issued in English, we require the original document as well as an English translation done by your school(s) or a professional translating company. Original = issued by a school or examination board with an official signature and school stamp or seal.
- Post-secondary records from outside the U.S. must be analyzed by a NACES educational credential evaluation service such as IERF or WES or ECE. For IERF, students need to choose the "detailed report" option and select Southeastern Oklahoma State University from the menu. IERF will send the evaluation of your records to our International Student Services office.
- English Proficiency: internet-based TOEFL score of 79 or an IELTS Academic score of 6.5; taken within 2 years of enrollment.
- For TOEFL, let us know your registration number and have your score report sent to Southeastern (institution code: 6657).
- For IELTS, let us know your TRF number.
- You do not need TOEFL or IELTS scores if:
- English is your first language
- You have a bachelor's degree from a U.S. college or university.
- You have a bachelor's degree from an English-medium institution outside the U.S.
- Financial Support: Submit a Graduate Affidavit of Financial Support, along with an original bank statement stamped and signed by a bank official (within 6 months of your enrollment), demonstrating that your sponsor has a liquid U.S. $ balance that covers the cost of your enrollment at Southeastern for the first year of your degree program. All documents must be in English. If not, an English translation must accompany the original.
- Passport Name Page: Copy of the biographic page of your passport showing your name, date of birth, passport number and expiration date. If dependents will accompany you to Southeastern, provide copies of their passport biographic pages, along with marriage and birth certificates, as applicable, to verify your family relationship.
- US $55.00 Application Fee: This is not refundable. You have two options for making the payment:
- Credit card: Call the Southeastern Business Office (580-745-2350) with a credit card number and your Student ID (we will email your student ID number to you after you submit the Complete Profile). Note: Please tell the Business Office that you are an international applicant.
- Money order: Pay to Southeastern Oklahoma State University (in U.S. $ and with your name on it).
Official sealed transcripts from all previous institutions should be sent to Southeastern Oklahoma State University:
Southeastern Oklahoma State University/Registrar-M.Ed. Programs
425 W. University Blvd.
Durant, OK 74701-3347